Window Tinting Services
glass frosting - for privacy
Frosted vinyl, also known as Sandblast vinyl, allows for customised privacy with a number of attractive patterns, whether it be frosted window films for entrance halls, frosted glass windows for bathrooms or frosted glass doors for boardrooms,
If you need more privacy without sacrificing the natural outside light entering your home or office then let us install beautiful window frosting designs onto your windows to transform them into works of art. Even if it’s a solid Sandblast vinyl install with no designs, your windows will still look great!
major benefits of glass frosting
- Because of frosted window film being translucent, it allows 90% of the outside light in but still offers 100% privacy day & night, so no need for curtains or blinds at night time like solar window tinting privacy options require.
- Ideal for increased privacy from neighbours, especially in an estate where homes are built close together.
- Conventional sandblasting involves the removal of a layer of glass, resulting in weakened glass. Window frosting film eliminates this problem by now turning your glass into Safety Glass while still achieving that same elegant sandblast look.
- Frosted glass window film protects against broken glass pieces in the event of accidents, forced entry, seismic activity & kids or adults walking into glass sliding doors.
- Frosted Window film is also removable when necessary, especially from rented spaces, whereas the conventional Sandblast is permanent and involves replacing the actual glass pane itself making window film more cost effective.
- No need to be stuck with one design for life. Frosted glass film designs can be replaced with newer designs as fashion and trends change
blocks up to 95% UV
- Minimize UV health risks to skin and eyes.
- Minimize fading of furniture, curtains, blinds, paintings & wooden floors.
- Eliminate direct glare from the sun with some solid coverage frosting for windows, especially on computer screens and tablets.
solar window tinting - for heat reduction
Window tinting companies in Johannesburg all have the same goal in mind, and that is to cool down interior work and living spaces, whether it be window tinting for houses or office window tinting.
Tinted windows reduce excessive heat, glare, UV damage to furniture and flooring, and also to curb high energy costs due to air conditioner usage.
major benefits of solar window tinting
- Solar window tinting for houses make your home or office more energy efficient by reducing your monthly air conditioning running time/costs which saves you electricity.
privacy - one way mirror film
- Silver Reflective window tinting [One Way Film] offers day time privacy but none at night (curtains/blinds are still needed at night) while other films can offer partial day time privacy. At night time the silver/mirror effect reverses to the inside when the lights are on inside.
- The one way mirror film effect shows more on the side with the most light. This film is most effective with windows exposed to the natural outdoor light. When used indoors there needs to be enough artificial light created on the side of the glass where the mirror effect is needed
protects against broken glass
- Accidents, forced entry, seismic activity.
- Turns normal glass into Safety Glass.
solar film reduces heat & glare
- Increase comfort levels inside your home or office with heat reflective window film. Solar window film can reduce heat by as much as 80% in the hot Summer months
Blocks 99% of the sun's harmfuls uv rays
- Minimize UV health risks to skin and eyes.
- Solar film minimizes fading of furniture & wooden floors by blocking UV and Infrared rays from the sun.
printed window vinyl
If you are looking to achieve total privacy during the day then Contravision vinyl and Solid vinyls are also products to opt for if printed graphics are a requirement.
Contravision vinyl has small holes in it which allow one to look out of an office or shop but it prevents passers-by from being able to look into your office therefor making it an excellent solution for daytime safety and security.
Solid vinyls offer 100 privacy so you can’t see in or out with this window vinyl and it also stops the sun from shining in through your windows whereas Contravision would still allow the sun in because of the small holes in the film.
major benefits of printed window film
contravision - day time privacy
- If you are looking to achieve total privacy during the day then Contravision printing is also a product to opt for. This window film has small holes in it which allows one to look out of an office or shop but it prevents passers-by from being able to look into the office therefor making it an excellent solution for daytime safety and security. At night time with lights on inside curtains or blinds are needed.
transparent vinyls - partial privacy
- Transparent vinyl stickers allow you to see in and out of an office or shop but with a slightly blurred/distorted view because the adhesive is not as optically clear as a normal glass window.
solid vinyls - day time & night time privacy
- Solid self adhesive White vinyl window graphics offer 100% privacy on both sides of the glass day & night with full colour graphics printed one side to communicate your message to the outside world.
- Solid Sandblast window vinyl offers 100% privacy on both sides of the glass day & night while still allowing 90% light in with full colour graphics printed one side if needed to communicate your message to the outside world.
Some privacy window film questions answered.
All types of residential window film whether it’s solar film, security window film, anti graffiti film, decorative window film & window graphics are removable. While window film can be removed if need be, it isn’t easily removable in the sense that it will just fall off over time. If you want your window film removed, for best results, contact a professional company like Carmeleon Branding to assist in any such removals.
One way mirror film works with light. The side with the most light will give the mirror effect making it most effective with windows exposed to outdoor light. If used indoors sufficient artificial light needs to be created on the side the mirror effect is needed.
If you don’t install the proper window film for your glass type then yes, your glass might be susceptible to cracking, due to the window film absorbing too much heat, in the case of Laminated Glass which needs to expand and contract and certain films can prevent this from happening thus causing Laminated Glass to possibly crack.
It’s very common for newly installed residential solar film to show evidence of water bubbles as it’s actually part of the drying process. Don’t worry, it’s simply residual moisture trapped under the film that will evaporate as the film cures to this window over the drying period mentioned next. Sometimes the drying process can take up to 60 days for all the moisture to evaporate. It is important that you don’t touch or press on these bubbles as it prolongs the drying process and can potentially damage the film.
There are a few window films on the market that will adhere to plexiglass. Most window films will not adhere to it as they were made for standard glass.
Frosted vinyl window stickers allow 90% light in but offers 100% privacy day and night as a solid installation. Only objects right up against the windows still show through but from 0.5m privacy starts and at 2m total privacy is achieved.
Most solar film is installed on the interior of windows in residential settings. As a matter of fact, the majority of window films are actually made for interior installation. With that being said, there are exterior window films available for homes.
When it comes to installing window film to homes, the installation process itself isn’t very loud. However, removing old window film can get a little loud. Our installation team work very efficiently and are as mindful as possible of the noise and try to remove the window film as fast as possible. If noise is a concern to you, contact us to figure out a time that works best for you!
When it comes to privacy, you can get daytime privacy with solar film depending on lighting conditions, but the current window film products that are available on the market don’t allow for night time privacy if the lights are on. If you are looking for night time privacy, you can use a decorative window film such as a frosted window film to achieve night time privacy. With frosted window film, you won’t be able to see in or out during the day or night.
Residential window film can be cleaned with non-abrasive materials like a micro-fibre cloth and ammonia free liquid solutions. It is important to note that window film can take up to 60 days to fully dry, so be sure to wait the appropriate amount of time before trying to clean your windows.
Window frosting is able to allow for 100% privacy on both sides of the glass if needed or partial privacy by means of having a pattern/design cut out and it’s main function is to be a decorative window film, and it is translucent (can’t see through but light passes through the film) and it is grey/silver in colour.
Solar window tinting’s main function is to reject heat and no designs can be cut into this window film and they are transparent (can see through and light passes through) while some of the colours available are Black, Grey, Bronze, Bronze Reflective, Blue Reflective and Silver Reflective and only day time privacy is possible depending on lighting conditions and NO privacy at night.